One of the best parts of my job includes writing articles and giving presentations about how social norms and behavioural change can inform better understandings and solutions to real-world industry and policy challenges.
My press articles and interviews have been published in some of the major outlets in Lithuania (and some in Colombia), and I have given presentations in several countries including Colombia, United Kingdom, Lithuania, Finland, Spain, Argentina, Lebanon, Japan and Thailand.
My latest press articles and interviews:
Paulius Yamin: How I went trhough bullying in school and how to deal with the problem (in Lithuanian – article for the 15min.lt news web portal, August 2020).
Bullying can increase during the quarantine (in Spanish – online interview with David Luna for AlCentro Think-Tank Colombia, April 2020).
5 tips to inspire people to change their behavior (in Lithuanian – article for Verslo Žinios Business News Lithuania newspaper, April 2020).
Other press articles and interviews include (please see complete list here):
- TV and written interviews for the LRT.lt Lithuanian Radio and Television and Business News Lithuania newspaper about behavioural science to inform policy challenges and my career (2020).
- News articles for the 15min.lt news web portal about violence against women, corruption and behavioural science (2019-2020).
- Opinion columns for the AlCentro Think-Tank Colombia about social norms and civic culture to tackle bullying and corruption (2019-2020).
My latest presentations:
Situated Activity, Distributed Intelligence, and Action Pathways facilitator and co-organizer (2020 Global Innovation Leadership Program, MediaX at Stanford University, U.S., 2020).
Coping with a global pandemic: psychological impact and coping mechanisms during the COVID-19 quarantine in Lithuania – 10 insights and 5 lessons for organizations (Smart Lithuania event, Verslo Zinios [Business News] newspaper, Lithuania, 2020).
Behavioural change to increase sustainability in the real world (Knowledge Empowered Entrepreneurship Network PhD Colloquium, Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania, 2020).
The Power of Narratives in Behavioral Policy Interventions: The Case Antanas Mockus’ Mime-Artist Interventions in Bogota, Colombia (The Asian Conference on Psychology & the Behavioral Sciences, Japan, 2020).
Behavioural insights to tackle industry and policy challenges: practical techniques to change the world one corner at a time (Keynote speech at the Conference Cycle for Lithuanian Junior Researchers, Lithuania, 2020).
I have also given presentations about social norms, civic culture and behavioural change for industry and policy challenges in the following events and institutions (please see complete list here):
- Faculty of Transport Engineering and Maker’s Akademy at the Creator’s Fabric, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Lithuania (2020).
- YEBO! Training session funded by the European Union, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, South Africa (2020).
- Behavioural Policy Hacks event 2019, London School of Economics and Behavioural Lab LT, Lithuania (2019).
- “Ethnography with a Twist” Conference, University of Jyväskylä, Finland (2019).
- Create Lithuania programme and Public Policy and Management Institute event, Lithuania (2019).
- International Labour Organization and Ministry of Labour policy workshop, Argentina (2018).
- Regional Consultation by the International Labour Organization on what works in changing behaviour of employers of domestic workers, Lebanon (2018).
- Technical Regional Meeting on Changing Attitudes and Behaviour towards Women Migrant Workers in ASEAN, International Labour Organization and U.N. Women, Thailand (2018).
- Universidad Claretiana and TodosxLaEducacion conference and workshop in Quibdó, Colombia (2018).
- Psychology Department, Universidad de los Andes, Colombia (2018).
- School of Government, Universidad de los Andes, Colombia (2018).
- School of Social Sciences, Universidad del Rosario, Colombia (2018).
- XXII International CLAD Congress on State and Public Administration Reform, National Institute for Public Administration (INAP), Spain (2017).
- LSE Behavioural Science Conference, London School of Economics and Political Science, United Kingdom (2017).
- 14th and 15th Anthropology Congress in Colombia, Universidad del Magdalena and Universidad de Antioquia, Colombia (2012 and 2015).
- “Return to the Street” and “Taking up Space” conferences at the Centre for Cultural Studies, Goldsmiths University of London, United Kingdom (2012).