I’m passionate about exploring how behavioural change interventions can create positive transformations in the real world. Currently, my focus is on interventions based on social norms. Specifically, I’m researching how those interventions can make use of the physical and psychological layers that determine behaviour, as well as dramatic and narrative elements, to produce enduring changes in real-world settings.
At present, I’m working with several co-authors on the following studies:
- A working paper for the International Labour Organization (U.N. agency) on practical methods to change social norms in domestic work (in press for 2020)
- An exploratory study on the narratives around some of the behavioural change interventions applied by Antanas Mockus
- A study about stress reactions and coping mechanisms around the quarantine measures taken in the COVID-19 pandemic in Lithuania and Italy (see: https://wprn.org/item/427152)
- Yamin, P., Lahlou, S., Ortega, S., and Skrickij, V. (in press). Local determinants of driving behaviors: Installation Theory interventions to reduce fuel consumption among truck drivers in Colombia. Transport.
- Yamin, P., Fei, M., Lahlou, S., and Levy, S. (2019). Using Social Norms to Change Behavior and Increase Sustainability in the Real World: a Systematic Review of the Literature. Sustainability, 11, 5847.
- Yamin, P. (2014). The Terrible Times in America: an approximation to the issue of difference from ‘The Lost Steps’ by Alejo Carpentier [published in Spanish: “Los tiempos terribles de América: una aproximación a la diferencia desde ‘Los pasos perdidos’ de Alejo Carpentier”]. The Southwest Council of Latin American Studies Journal, I. Texas State University.
- Everry, M., Heitmayer, M., Yamin, P., and Lahlou, S. (2020). Ethical Challenges of Using Video for Qualitative Research and Ethnography: State of The Art and Prospective Guidelines. In T. Lähdesmäki, E. Koskinen-Koivisto, V. Čeginskas, A. Koistinen (Eds.), Challenges and Solutions in Ethnographic Research: Ethnography with a Twist. Routledge: London.
- Yamin, P. (2015). Politics (and mime artists) on the Street. In S. Fuggle and T. Henri (Eds), Return to the Street. Pavement Books: London.
- Yamin, P. and García, K. (2015). Performing spaces. In J. Aridi and J. Glendennan (Eds), Taking-up Space. Pavement Books: London.
- Yamin, P. (2012). Imagine: looking for a space in everyday life [published in Spanish: Imagine, buscando un espacio en la vida cotidiana (Documento Ceso No. 197)]. Ediciones Uniandes: Bogotá D.C.